Whatever your level of ability, as an ISM qualified piano teacher with over 20 years’ experience I can offer piano lessons designed for learning at your pace, tailored especially to your needs and requirements.
Lessons are available for all levels, from age 8 upwards; Adult learners are also very welcome – don’t let age be a barrier. It’s never too late to be able to learn to play the piano.
Before you sign up you will be offered a free 15 minute ‘meet and greet’ session. This will be an opportunity for us to have a chat, discuss your needs and how we will work together.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Online Lessons Work?
- Yes! You can learn at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. Lessons are focussed and specific to you.
- No need to travel to lessons. No more snow days! Never miss a lesson!
- Practice before your lesson to make the most of your lesson time.
- Lessons can be recorded – so you can review your lesson as many times as you like.
- Send Videos to your teacher for review prior to your lesson.
- Learning to play the piano remotely is just like learning in person. With today’s modern equipment I can teach you all the important points of playing such as hand positioning, posture, how to read notation, timing, interpretation and so much more. You can definitely learn how to play the piano online even as an absolute beginner.
What do I need?
- Just like with a traditional piano lesson you need an instrument. You will need a piano, digital piano or keyboard – preferably full size (88 keys).
- A reliable internet connection A smartphone works very well.
- A larger screen such as a tablet or laptop is preferable, but, as long as your device supports WhatsApp, Facetime or Zoom you are good to go.
- We will work out a programme of music to work on together. But you will be expected to purchase appropriate music along the way as an essential part of your learning.
Other things that may be useful
- Headphones / Earphones with a mic – wired often gives a better sound unless you have very high quality wireless equipment. The earphones that come with your mobile phone should be fine.
If you wish to complete music exams, we can prepare you for traditional face to face exams with any of the major UK exam boards (ABRSM, Trinity, LCM or MTB online exams which are validated by OFQUAL.
There are also a range of online music exams available so no exam day stress and the exam taken in the comfort of your own home and on your own instrument such as MTB online exams which are validated by OFQUAL.
Lessons will be paid for with a monthly regular advanced standing order – lessons will be spread out over the year (with six weeks break spread out over the main holidays).
If you want to change your lesson time I will aim to accommodate you but catch up lessons cannot always be guaranteed and missed lessons will not be refunded.
One Month’s Cancellation notice is required if you wish to stop having lessons.
Any lessons I have to cancel will of course be refunded.
I am DBS checked. All media accounts used for teaching on-line are not used for personal use and no information of users is shared without permission. Any users media accounts should be through parents accounts or permission agreed that individual accounts can be used for lessons if under 18. Students need to be suitably dressed for lessons and a parent or guardian should be in the same premises as the student whilst the lesson takes place.